Thursday, April 28, 2011

Decline of the Galactic Republic, Episode I

Part of a continuing serial which ends with the triumph of good over evil...


The money quote:


"In phrasing a bit less poetic than the Dewey quote I titled this post with, a "frustrated moderate Democratic senator" described the battle as emblematic of the broader tone in Washington: 


I’m surprised at how much of our time is spent trying to divide up the spoils between various economic interests. I had no idea. I thought we’d be focused on civil liberties, on education policy, energy policy and so on. The fights down here can be put in two or three categories: The big greedy bastards against the big greedy bastards; the big greedy bastards against the little greedy bastards; and some cases even the other little greedy bastards against the other little greedy bastards."

For more:

 http://balkin.blogspot.com/2011/04/politics-is-shadow-cast-on-society-by.html

No comments:

Post a Comment